Frequently asked questions
1. Is this the real Shad Gaspard?....
No. my name is Bruce Banner and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry... Yes this my page, for the last time
2. Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Brooklyn NY on 2425 Nostrand Ave between J and K.
3. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Yes I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. Tamera Gaspard (My oldest sister), Dwain Poke (My older brother), Sherrie Poke (My middle sister), Shannon Gaspard (My little sister), and Jonathan Gaspard (My Little brother)
4. Are you African American?
No my mother is from Curacao and my father is from Haiti. So I'm not African American, I'm "Hatian Curacaon American". I have nothing ageneses African Americans, they are proud of there culture just like I am proud of mining.
5. What your real height and weight?
6'7", I flucshoate between 260-290lbs dipending what I am going for
6. Where should i start my training?
Try Going to OVW "Ohio Valley Wrestling" (http://www.ovwrestling.com/trainingfacility.htm
) or PWA Pro Wrestling Alliance (http://www.bookertpwa.com/academy.html
) . These are the best training facilities out side the WWE where you will really learn, not just get your money stolen.
7. How did you get the name BEAST?
My mother gave it to me as a child. I started boxing when I was 5yr old, martial arts when I was 8yr old, and ammeter wrestling when I was 10yr old. During every fight my mother would yell out "be The Beast" to remind me to fight harder.
8. What high school did you go to?
I went to a lot of high schools in New York and Georgia, but I graduated from Stephenson in Stone Mountain GA.
9. What did you do before wrestling?
I was a professional body guard for top listed celebrities with a company called "Universal Solders". I also was a prize fighter in boxing, kickboxing, and MMA/NHB (No Holds Bare)
10. Who are some of the celebrity you have body guarded? ....
Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, Cuba Gooding Jr, Mike Tyson, Pastor Troy, and more....
11. Do you have another web page besides Myspace?....
I have a blackplanet page that was my first page ever (http://www.blackplanet.com/users/BKBEAST/canvas/view_canvas.html), a face book page for friends, family, & modeling/ acting and one for fans (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001771631518).....
12. When did you star bodyguard and prize fighting?
I started bouncing at night clubs and prize fighting when I was 16 and body guarding celebrity like Puff Daddy at 19.
13. How did you get into pro wrestling?
Some of my boys saw a show called tough enough on MTV and said I would kick ass on the show. So I tried out made the show in Las Vegas, but there was some confusion with my blood so I didn't go on the show. I was replaced by some guy named Dan.
14. How did you get into WWE?
Dr.Tom Prichard from the WWE contacted me and said they were interested in hiring me, but I needed to get my skills up. Some of the guys that body guarded with me used to be in WCW (Swole, Chase Tatum, & 4x4 with the No Limit Soldiers) introduced me to Sargent Dwayne Bruce. So I trained with sarge from WCW power plant for 6 month and then when for a tryout for the WWE in OVW. WWE thought I had potential so they sent me to OVW to train were I learned the bulk of my wrestling knowledge and training.
15. What do you think of "The Wrestler" the movie?
I haven't seen it yet, but a lot of my friends are in it Paul E. Normus, Rage (Lex Leathal), Romeo Roselli, and more.
16. Did you wrestle at WWA4 in Atlanta?
No. I trained there with Sarge for 2 months. Sarge opened up his own school called "The Super Power Plant". WWA4 did not help me get to the WWE in any whey what so ever. Hard body Harrison was my promoter when I used to box, kick-box, and do NHB. The majority of shit they have on there web page about me is bull shit. And that tip sounds nothing like me. In that pic they have I was 20yr old, WWE wanted me before I even went there.
17. How can I get into the WWE?
Every one has there own path, you just have to find yours.
18. How does it feel to be in the WWE?
It feels great. I'm living the dream.
19. Who was your favorite wrestler growing up?
Hulk Hogan, the Rock, Ron Simons, Undertaker, Sid, The Warlord, Ultimate Warrior, Batista, Zeus, Brock Lesnar, and so many more.....
20. Can you send me an autograph?
Sorry no, but if you see me on the streets I got you
21. What kind of women do you date? Do you have a girl friend?....
From the looks of the women in my life I would say I date crazy women. The crazier the better... I can't keep a girl friend. My life is crazy and I'm always doing shit. It's hard to keep up with me. It takes a special type of women to handle or keep up with me. Physically I like a girl with cute face, nice body, pretty smile, and sexy eyes. Mentally I like intelligent women, I don't really date ditsy girl, I've slept with some, but never dated:-). Spiritually I just live and let live.
22. How do you live in so many places at one?
Easy. I do what I want! that's how :-)
23. Can you make me a work out plan?
24. When is the next time you'll be in my town?
When I'm there
25. What do you watch on TV when your home?....
Cartoon network, Comedy Central, CNN, USA, HBO, MTV, ShowTime, VH-1. I watch a lot of comedy shows, cartoons, and movies.
26. What do you read when you home?
I'm into horoscopes and astrology, but my favorite books are The Odyssey By Homer, The Count of Monte Cristo, and Les Miserables.
27. I know you started your carrier on a reality show MTV Tough Enough, do you watch reality TV and what do you think of it?
I don't watch a lot of reality TV. If I'm home I'll watch what's is on like Flavor of Love, rock of love, Charm School, I Love New York (I'm glad my Boy Dave "Punk" Lost, he's happier with his girl now.)… I think reality TV shows are some peoples gate way into stratum, it is what it is.
28. Is wrestling real or fake?
Next time you see me I'll close line the shit out of you and you tell me.
29. What do you really think about the WWE and the politics?....
Winner train, bitches complain. Politics are for pussys, if you love your job, work hard, and appreciate the blessing that god has given you, and then you will be a success in the WWE. This is the greatest job on earth. And it has great rewards and great consequences, what you have to decide is, is it worth it. For me YES ...
30. Do you think WWE is Raciest?....
No. I think people look for racist situations and nit pick bye jumping on every situation as racist when it's just entertainment. I love Mel Brooks movies (Blazing Saddles, History of the World, Part I, ect ), but I don't think he is racist.
31. If it wasn't for wrestling would you still be a nobody?
I was never a nobody and before, after, or during wrestling I'll always be a some body. I will always be me, Shad "Beast" Gaspard. A rolling stone, bad to the bone, a man who won't fit in..
32. Have you and JTG ever committed a real crime?
Yes, we both have, my crime were more severe, but we learned from them.
33. Do you get a lot of girl because you're on TV?
I get a lot of girls because I have GAME and a cute butt.
34. Why haven't you guys won the tag team titles yet?
Don't ask me, asck creative.
35. Did you know you have a lot of miss spellings on your page and blog?
Yes I do, some I have corrected others I didn't see. I'm not perfect and I'm not the best speller. But I'm still a nice guy.
36. Is it true you are married?
I was married, but got divorced. Now I have a great woman in my life in Siliana and a beautiful son.
37. Do you take wrestling serious or are you just another big guy who is just doing it to do it?
I've been wrestling for about 7-8yrs, if I was just doing it to do it I would have stopped along time ago. I love what I do, I enjoy it more than most things in my life, and for me it's not about wins or losses. It's abut putting on a performance that people not only enjoy, but remember.
38. Do you have any experions acting?
I did it for 7yrs with WWE, but I do have an acting coach Howard Fine